Meppel (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈmɛpəl] (listen)) is a municipality and a city in the northeast of the Netherlands, in the south-west of the province Drenthe.
Meppel is the smallest municipality in the province of Drenthe, with a total area of 58 km².
People born in Meppel are occasionally referred to as 'Meppeler Muggen'; this translates as mosquitos/gnats from Meppel. This is due to a traditional folk tale. The people of Meppel thought the church tower was on fire. After closer inspection it was only a swarm of mosquitos.
Continue reading on Wikipedia.Copyright Wikipedia and its contributors.
- Birth of Everdina Hazelaar
- Residence of Wolter Hazelaar
- Birth of Aaltje Eikelboom
- Residence of Everdina Hazelaar
- Residence of Jacobus Eikelboom
- Burgerlijke stand ZaandamZaandamDeath record for Everdina Hazelaar, civil registry of deaths, Zaandam, 1908-04-23, record 91
- Burgerlijke Stand MeppelMeppelBirth record for Everdina Hazelaar, civil registry of births, Meppel, 1834-03-17, record 40
- Burgerlijke Stand MeppelMeppelBirth record for Aaltje Eikelboom, civil registry of births, Meppel, 1870-11-17, record 224
- Bevolkinsgsregister SteenwijkerlandSteenwijkerlandCivil registry, Steenwijkerland, 1890-1905, A-J, sheet 57