Drenthe ( DREN-tə, Dutch: [ˈdrɛntə] (listen); German: Drenthe) is a province of the Netherlands located in the northeastern part of the country. It is bordered by Overijssel to the south, Friesland to the west, Groningen to the north, and the German state of Lower Saxony to the east. As of November 2019, Drenthe had a population of 493,449 and a total area of 2,680 km2 (1,030 sq mi).
Drenthe has been populated for 150,000 years. The region has subsequently been part of the Episcopal principality of Utrecht, Habsburg Netherlands, Dutch Republic, Batavian Republic, Kingdom of Holland and Kingdom of the Netherlands. Drenthe has been an official province since 1796. The capital and seat of the provincial government is Assen. The King's Commissioner of Drenthe is Jetta Klijnsma. The Labour Party (PvdA) is the largest party in the States-Provincial, followed by the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy (VVD) and the Christian Democratic Appeal (CDA).
Drenthe is a sparsely populated rural area, unlike many other parts of the Netherlands. Except for the cities of Assen (pop. 67,963) and Emmen (pop. 107,113), the land in Drenthe is mainly used for agriculture.
Continue reading on Wikipedia.Copyright Wikipedia and its contributors.
- Birth of Wolter Hazelaar
- Residence of Antje Pieters Van der Veen
- Death of Antje Pieters Van der Veen
- Birth of Everdina Hazelaar
- Residence of Wolter Hazelaar
- Birth of Aaltje Eikelboom
- Residence of Everdina Hazelaar
- Residence of Jacobus Eikelboom
- Marriage of Folkert Feenstra, Pietertje Veen
- Residence of Pietertje Veen
- Residence of Geeske Voordewind
- Residence of Pieter Veen
- Burgerlijke Stand MeppelMeppelBirth record for Everdina Hazelaar, civil registry of births, Meppel, 1834-03-17, record 40
- Burgerlijke Stand AchtkarspelenMarriage record for Jurjen Rinzes de Vries & Systske Pieters Veenstra, civil registry of marriages, Achtkarspelen, 1826-06-24, record 33
- Burgerlijke stand ZaandamZaandamDeath record for Everdina Hazelaar, civil registry of deaths, Zaandam, 1908-04-23, record 91
- Burgerlijke Stand MeppelMeppelBirth record for Aaltje Eikelboom, civil registry of births, Meppel, 1870-11-17, record 224
- Bevolkinsgsregister SteenwijkerlandSteenwijkerlandCivil registry, Steenwijkerland, 1890-1905, A-J, sheet 57
- Burgerlijke Stand OosterhesselenOosterhesselenMarriage record for Folkert Feenstra & Pietertje Veen, civil registry of marriages, Oosterhesselen, 1906-06-15, record 12